New technology has become an integral part of society. If we weren’t already accustomed to it before the pandemic, we definitely are now!
It’s easy to reject technology, especially when it’s new, but when it is used as an aid in resources, communication, and healthcare—when no other option is available–it becomes essential.
We have been extremely fortunate to be able to call upon remote services during this time, with one of those services being beneficial to patients with ReSound hearing aids. Thanks to an advanced technology known as the ReSound Smart 3D app, my patients can use the Remote Assist feature on the app to receive hearing aid adjustments from their homes.
I have put together a quick guide to help our patients in Maryland to understand the great features and benefits of this innovative tool, especially its Remote and Live assist capabilities.
Who Benefits from the ReSound Smart 3D App?
Even without COVID-19’s restrictions, the ReSound Smart 3D app provides a viable alternative to frequent office visits for elderly or disabled individuals who struggle with transportation and mobility issues. In addition, active individuals or those who live in remote areas also have 24/7 access to maintain high-level technical support and fine-tuning for your ReSound hearing device using this application.
Primary Features of the ReSound Smart 3D App
The ReSound Smart 3D app is available for ReSound hearing device users in combination with smart devices such as Apple Watch, iOS (Apple iPhone), or Android-based smartphones. By using the touchscreen on your device, you have instant access to a variety of fine-tuning features designed to enhance the sound quality you receive from your ReSound hearing aids, including:
- Quick Buttons allow you to adjust volume, background noise, and environmental settings.
- Personalize Your Hearing experience by creating and saving your favorite settings to better fit your specific needs and lifestyle.
- Tinnitus Management features designed to help customize masking for instant relief are also included with Smart 3D.
- Location-Based Hearing provides users with the capacity to save optimal settings for your favorite locations so that your hearing aids will automatically use those settings each time you return.
- Find Lost Hearing Aid feature is a great help to those who often misplace their hearing device.
- Battery Power Tracking allows the user access to the status of the rechargeable battery in their hearing aid and gives notification when recharging is necessary.
To take advantage of these features for your ReSound hearing aids through the Smart 3D App, visit our Accessing and Troubleshooting ReSound Smart 3D app guide.
On-Demand Support from the Smart 3D Remote Assist Feature
ReSound’s Smart 3D app remote care provides you with access to your hearing care provider between appointments from your home, the office, on vacation, the beach, or wherever you happen to be. By sending a request to your hearing care provider, he or she can provide fine-tuning for your device just like when you go in for an office visit. The new settings come to your smartphone for easy upload to your hearing instrument.
Face-to-Face Care with ReSound’s Live Assist Feature
An important part of top-level hearing care is the long-term relationship hearing care providers maintain with their patients. ReSound makes it easy to maintain that connection for advice, encouragement, and technical support for hearing aid wearers through face-to-face video conferencing. Follow these steps to take advantage of the ReSound Live Assist feature:
- Send a Live Assist request to your hearing care provider.
- Your HCP initiates a video call at an agreed-upon time to connect with you.
- You present your needs just like you would during an in-office appointment, including assessing needs, selecting and fitting hearing aids, and remote fine-tuning.
Jacobs Audiology Is Here for You
Just because in-office meetings and appointments are currently limited, that does not mean that your hearing healthcare needs to suffer. The ReSound Smart 3D app allows our patients to continue to receive the same level of care you have come to expect from Jacobs Audiology regardless of where you are. Contact us to learn more about the hearing care solutions provided using the ReSound Smart 3D app or to send a request for the Remote Assist or Live Assist service.